Friday, 25 October 2013

HELLO NaNo

Oh, yeah! It's 7 days till N0VEMBER. Yeah, in 7 days it's NaNoWriMo.

It's that time again. How it comes round so quickly. Before you know it, it'll be...I won't say it. Bah humbug!

I bailed out last year due to other commitments, but I'm hoping to be a winner again. I will be working on last years project. If you remember, I was inspired (a popular word these days) by a childhood annual.

Thick Skinned is a YA novel: Gravity Falls meets Stepford Wives. This is the short synopsis I put of the NaNo site.

Help! Nana's an alien.

Told from alternating POV, teens, Al and his friend J follow a paranoid trail of suspicious characters to the alien hub, the local department store, where they try to infiltrate the imposters.

Sci-fi. Humour.Mayhem.

PS 1/11/13

Since I wrote this post I've abandoned this story for 'When the gods come,' a YA sci-fi novel.

Look for the omen. Rain is the precursor to their return.

The rain stops and Redman watches as the huge monsterous machines emerge from the clouds. Aliens? or our future selves manipulating Transhumanism.

Now the battle will begin.



3 comments:

  1. I'll be rooting for you, Debbie. I joined, too. But I'm planning to make an essay anthology, not exactly a novel but nevertheless, a book. I'm a first-timer at Nano. :-)

    ReplyDelete