Wednesday, 24 July 2013

HELLO Baby Prince

Thought I'd be topical.



I've been nurturing a new baby.

The past few weeks has found me getting involved in setting up a new e-critique group over at SCWBI. I've taken the lead with this and have enjoyed the process. It's early days yet, but we're all starting to give and receive feedback on our little bundles, namely our WIPs.



As I continue to revise The Junk Room, I've found I'm learning more about the story and the characters. Of course I should. I've written it. I know that, but stepping back and analysing the story has enable me to see it more clearly. I suppose I'm unravelling a jumbled ball  wool. Checking the threads: emotional arcs, plot and sub-plots, characterisation, etc.


At the moment, I'm wondering if I've started in the right place. I may have to do some unpicking. It's all part of the journey.

Speaking of which. I've just started reading Vogler's The Writer's Journey. I keep hearing good things about it. I will let you know what I think at a later date.

How is your 'baby' doing?

2 comments:

  1. Awwww lovely Debbie!!! That red outfit is adorable!!

    Yay for your baby wip!! I have a feeling it's going to turn into a most amazing, beautiful, stunning and totally fabulous perfect adult for all the love, care and attention it's receiving!

    My baby's mired in its embryonic stage the rate I'm going..! LOL!

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, ha! Mine is a muddled stroppy teenager.

      About the red dress. I had to undo it several times before it was perfect, so it does remind me of revising my WIP.

      Delete