Thursday, 7 March 2013

HELLO World Book Day


It's World Book Day today.

To celebrate, every junior school child is given a £1 book token. They also dress up as a fictional character. I remember my daughter's costume encompassed the story of The Three Little Pigs. She was dressed in black, as the Big Bad Wolf, and carried three little soft toy pigs. I think I was the only mum who didn't mind being creative.

Well, being a bookworm, I ventured into town on my day off (yey), and had a wonder round Waterstones. I bought these two books, added points to my card and got a free £10 pound gift card in the process.


MACABRE MASTER



THOUGHT PROVOKING

How did you celebrate World Book Day?

Did you buy a book for yourself or someone else?

What book are you reading at the moment?


P.S Happy Birthday to The Classics Club who celebrate their first birthday today.

2 comments:

  1. That is so cool! I haven't done anything special for World Book Day, but I am reading a new YA novel entitled: Cinder, by Marissa Meyer. Happy reading to you, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! Love those ideas.
    I borrowed a book from the library. It's a teen fiction called Matched by Ally Condie. :O)

    ReplyDelete