Tuesday, 22 January 2013

HELLO Here It Comes!



TO QUOTE THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
DON'T PANIC!
I took this yesterday. The country woke up to mild panic. It's snowing! My concerns were with my fellow community nurses who would be trudging around in it all day. Luckily for me, I picked the right week for annual leave. It does mean, however, that I'm stuck in doors. I don't mind. I don't like the cold, I don't want to risk driving at the moment, and of course I can catch up on my reading and writing.


REVIEW
Well, I'm still going on authonomy, though I hadn't been on for a few days. When I checked my messages on Sunday, I thought, 'what the heck?!' My book's up for review on the YA forum. I'd been bumped up. So, The Junk Room has a two week review starting yesterday. I'll fill you in when it's all over.


ART GARFUNKEL
Did you know that Art has a website logging a collection of forty-four years worth of books. Wow! I spotted this on Alex in Leeds an avid reader and reviewer. I'll be having a proper look at some point to see if we've read the same books. 

I discovered an intriguing Persephone book called The Victorian Chaise-Longue by Marghanita Laski, on Alex's site. I'll be reading this little gem this week.


4 comments:

  1. Your book cover is awesome, Debbie! The snow looks lovely near you - I'm jealous. ^_^ Have fun reading and writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best with authonomy and the reviews!!

    Oh the snow's all melting now!

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, I wouldn't have recognized Art Garfunkel! Love your snow pics

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's not so much the snow that gets me, but the inversion layer we get out here. The air is practically poisonous right now (must stay indoors!). :)

    ReplyDelete