Monday, 31 December 2012

HELLO A Classics Challenge

November's Autumn - A Classics Challenge started in January 2012. The challenge was to read and comment on seven classic books. Did I achieve this? No, but had a great time reading.

December: The final prompt: Wrap up, A Classics Challenge.

This was my list.

     1- Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier
     2- Tess of the D'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy
     3- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
     4- The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde
     5- Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll
     6- Dracula by Bram Stoker
     7- The Time Machine by H.G Wells

I read them all apart from Tess of the D'Urbervilles. I will read it, though, as part of The Classics Club.




JANE EYRE IS MY FAVOURITE BOOK, AND WAS A  RE-READ.
I WILL ALWAYS LOVE READING THIS CLASSIC.




I WAS SURPRISED BY HOW MUCH I ENJOYED DRACULA.
I WAS FULLY ENGROSSED IN THE JOURNEY, AND THE CHARACTER'S PLIGHT.



AS FOR REBECCA, WHAT A GEM I FOUND IN A BOOK
I ONCE WAS UNABLE TO START.

Thanks, Katherine. I wouldn't have enjoyed discovering the classics as much without your challenge.




8 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this wonderful romp through such fab classics!!! Here's to lots more joyous reads for 2013! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's more classics this year to read.

      Delete
  2. Your blog posts always inspire me, Debbie. Being reminded of such famous classics has prompted me to resolve to re-read a few myself in 2013. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some great books! It as funny that when I read Rebecca I was all the way through it before I realized we never know the main character's first name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw the film version (1940), with Laurence Olivier and Joan Fontaine, recently. What a gem. Just how I envisioned the book.

      Delete
  4. Jane Eyre is one of my favorite classics. I'm not swooning over the guy but I truly admire Jane's strong character. I'm glad you enjoyed it, too! Happy new year!

    P.S. I added you in my blogroll so I'll be visiting frequently. Thanks for including me in your blog list as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nancy. I enjoy your posts.

      Delete