Friday, 6 January 2012

HELLO Are You One Of Those People?

Unfortunately, my body decided it wanted to start the year off by getting a throat infection, leaving me sounding like a cross between Norman Collier (comedian) and Phyllis Pearce (Coronation Street actress. Skip to 3.26 on clip). I sounded bad and felt like a zombie.


So, I've been off work this week, drowning in barley water, fresh orange, tea, Beecham powders (ultra all in one). Thumbs up for Beechams! Also tried to sleep, but it's hard to do when you're a zombie. I couldn't concentrate to do any 100k in a 100 days. I did what a good bookworm does best. I read. Thus, leading me to the title of this post.

 'ARE YOU ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE?'

Don't worry. It's nothing awful like zombies. 

As you may have noticed I have a new page:  BOOKWORM LIBRARY 2012, and there are a few books in there that I have read this year (already?) I started and finished The Importance of Being Earnest in a day (see Classics Challenge) and the other books I'd started reading towards the end of 2011. Depending on the day and what I'm doing, I am one of those people who can have more than one book on the go. That's what I was doing with those books last year. During my zombie week, I did finish them off one at a time.


Does anyone else do that? 



Or are you a one book at a time person? 




4 comments:

  1. Hi Debbi!

    Cool blog :)
    I'm one of those people too! I almost never read less then three books at a time. Sometimes it's so bad that I forget how many I'm reading. Thank God for Goodreads so I can look it up haha

    Xx Noortje

    ReplyDelete
  2. (sorry the "e" of your name got lost there somewhere)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comment, Lord Kiwii. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

    I enjoyed looking at your blog-WriBie. I hope you keep posting, as I will be following.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aah thanks! :) I'm going to try posting at least 1 time a week :P so far it's going good ^.^ I'm going to follow your blog too! :)

      Delete