Tuesday, 22 November 2011

HELLO NaNo Day 22

It's been two weeks since I blogged.

I'm still NaNoing. Up to 37,000 and writing. It was a mammoth task writing up the work I'd written in my moleskine notebook, as well as getting my daily word count, but I got there in the end last week. Yey! Now that I'm typing straight on to the netbook, things are a little easier.

There are only eight days left of this madness. I can see the end of my story and the characters are willing me to keep writing. I've found the things that I'd planed to write for each chapter don't always get written, and that new ideas push their way in, demanding to be written. Thankfully, I haven't revised anything, if I had, I'd still be editing the first few chapters now.

I keep this mantra in my head:  this is a first draft, this is a first draft, this is a first draft.


In the past two weeks I've generally kept up to the daily count of 1667, though one day I went from 500 words to another day doing 3000! I'll let you know in a week whether or not it was worth it.




1 comment:

  1. Hoorah for you!! You sound so positive and passionate about this story and are working so hard too! Yay - the finishing line beckons - keep going! take care
    x

    ReplyDelete