Monday, 3 October 2011

HELLO Knitting Rocks.

Hey! It's National Knitting Week 3-9 October 2011.



I can assure you, that this old-age past time is not just pursued by elderly women in rocking chairs. Honest. Well, of course there are some older ladies doing it, but this club is no longer their domain. No. Look here. Even the celeb's are doing it.


SJP in Sex and the Knitting.


Ehem. Ginger Spice explains a zigazig-ha.


And here's the lovely Russell Crowe. 
Proving the point (no pun intended) that 
KNITTING ROCKS!

And now that the nights are drawing in, ladies and gentlemen; take out your pins (or hooks if you crochet), grab some yarn and be creative.

Here are some things I made earlier.



I knitted this shawl for my grandma last Christmas.


A jumper for my nephew last year.


I loved this dress for my niece.
 But I noticed a mistake a third of the way to the end; 
the blip was at the beginning. Help! 
I didn't know what the heck to do, so I undid it all and started again. 
Did I say I was using itsy-bitsy-needles? When you knit, you are are perfectionist.
It was all good in the end.


A dress for the older niece who loved it.


And 'A HAND BAG' for her.


One of many berets that I've crocheted.

Ravelry is a great place to start looking for patterns and inspiration. If you need a manual, try this book and this one; I have these and they are fun and invaluable.

BE WARNED.
ONCE THE YARN TAKES A HOLD,
YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO STOP.


4 comments:

  1. Happy Knitting Week!!!! Look at the lovely things you've created!!! Yay!! They're gorgeous - well done you!

    I wish I could knit - it's such a skill!! I can just about crochet a very small doile but that's it! LOL!!

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Old Kitty.

    I think I might be sticking to chunky yards this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice projects! Who would have thought a younger Russell Crowe would make such a cute knitter?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Donna.

    I think most rugged men has a softer. I'll have to ask Hubby where he's put his. (Only joking Hubby!)

    ReplyDelete